Table of content
- Who are we?
- When do we collect personal data?
- What personal data do we collect?
- For what purposes and on what legal basis do we use your personal data?
- With whom will we share these data?
- How long do we store your data?
- How do we protect your data?
- What rights do you have in relation to your data?
- Social Media Buttons
- Contacting us, questions and complaints
This privacy statement describes KCI’s use of your personal data. We at KCI are committed to respecting your (online) privacy and recognize your need for appropriate protection and management of any personal data collected by or submitted to us (or carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf).
It is important to us that the personal data of the users of the app, the visitors to our websites, our (prospective) customers and our (future) partners (“you”) is treated with care and that you are well informed about the way we process your personal data. We have written this privacy statement to tell you which data we process, how, why and how long we do this and what your rights are.
Below we explain in more detail how we process your personal data. For purposes of this privacy statement, “personal data” means any information that relates to you and identifies you personally, either alone or in combination with other information available to us.
This privacy statement applies to all personal data that is collected and used by us when you visit this website and/or when you purchase the products and services offered on this website and/or when you interact with us through social media or otherwise.
2. Who we are?
KCI Media Group B.V., having its place of business at Reigerstraat 30h, 6883 ES, Velp, the Netherlands, is the data controller, and will be herein referred to as “KCI, “we” or “us”.
3. When do we collect personal data?
We collect personal data when:
- you make purchases of products or services;
- you visit our website(s);
- you request support for a product;
- you request software downloads;
- you create a user account (login user name and password);
- you request information or materials (e.g., whitepapers, magazine or newsletters);
- you participate in surveys and evaluations;
- you participate in promotions, contests or giveaways;
- you submit questions or comments to us;
- you apply for a job or submit your resume
4. What personal data do we collect?
The types of personal data collected include:
- your first and last name;
- your title and your company’s name;
- your home, billing, or other physical address (including street name, name of a city or town, state/province, postal code);
- your e-mail address;
- your telephone number;
- for job applicants submitting electronic information) your educational background, employment experience, and job interest;
- any other identifier that permits KCI to make physical or online contact with you;
- any information that we collect online from you and maintain in association with your account, such as your username and your password;
- your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us;
- any other information that you provide to us when you are communicating with us.
Whenever we collect personal data directly from you, we will indicate whether the provision of personal data is mandatory. Such will be the case where we require personal data to comply with legal or contractual obligations: if such data are not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, the active provision of requested personal data is optional.
5. For what purposes and on what legal basis do we use your personal data?
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To establish and fulfill a contract with you, for example if you make a purchase from us or download an application. This may include verifying your identity, taking payments, communicating with you, providing customer services and arranging the delivery or other provision of products or services;
- As required to enable our business and pursue our legitimate interests. In particular:
- we will use your personal data to provide services you have requested, and respond to any comments or complaints you may send us;
- we monitor the use of our products and services, and may use your personal data to help us monitor, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites;
- we may use personal data you provided us with to personalize our products or services for you;
- we may use your personal data for the purposes of ensuring network and information security, including preventing unauthorized access to electronic communications networks and stopping damage to computer and electronic communication systems
- we may monitor any customer account to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law;
- we may use your personal data for market research and marketing purposes, unless you have opt-out in accordance with article 11.7 of the Dutch Telecommunication act (de Telecommunicatiewet);
- we may process data for administrative transfers within a group of companies;
More information about how we have balanced our legitimate interest with your privacy interests can be obtained upon request by contacting our Privacy Officer.
For compliance with applicable laws and protection of our legitimate business interests and legal rights, including, but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation).
- In addition, we will send you, based on your consent (if required), direct marketing communication in relation to our relevant products and services, or other products and services provided by us, our affiliates and carefully selected partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time (“opt out”); see the section “What rights do you have in relation to your data?” below. In case of electronic direct marketing you can opt out by following the instructions in the communication.
- Furthermore, you can sign up for our newsletter or receive invitations to events using your name and e-mail address via an app or the sign up form on our website. Unless you have objected to KCI further using your personal data for such purpose, KCI may contact you in relation to relevant products or services, for our legitimate interest of developing our business if you are already a customer of KCI. We can do this via e-mail or, if your e-mail is registered on LinkedIn, we connect to you on LinkedIn and/or to send you messages on LinkedIn. When we contact you in this context via e-mail, you always have an opportunity to opt out at any moment by following the instructions in the e-mail or by contacting us using the contact details below under (“Contacting us”);
- You can also download content, for example white papers, online magazines and research reports, from our website using the forms designed for this purpose. We collect the data you fill out on the form, including your name, company, country and e-mail address. We process the data you fill out on this form for our legitimate interest of keeping track of who downloads and/or requests to access our content
6. With whom will we share these data?
We need the help of third parties to be able to offer you our website and our products and services. Where necessary we will share your information with our service providers and professional advisers (e.g. IT providers, CRM providers, marketing support providers (such as agencies which manage our social media accounts), social media providers such as LinkedIn, analysts, customer service providers, business development providers and legal service providers). We have, where possible, concluded agreements with our service providers to protect your personal data.
If our business is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
Otherwise we will not share your information with any third party, unless we have your permission, where this is necessary in connection with the purposes above or with legal claims or when we have a legal obligation to do so.
Third party service providers will process your information on behalf of KCI) for the purposes mentioned in Section 5 above. When we share your data with these parties, we make sure that appropriate safeguards are taken to protect your information.
Where will we send your data?
KCI has a global presence and clientele and may transfer your personal data to our KCI affiliates or third parties (e.g., service providers) overseas, which may involve the transfer of personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area which have different data protection standards to those which apply in the European Economic Area.
KCI only shares personal data with KCI affiliates or third parties if that data are strictly necessary for the proper execution of the products or services purchased by you and takes every effort to do so as safely as possible. If you have any questions about which personal data we share with KCI affiliates or third parties and how we protect this data, please contact our Privacy Officer.
7. How long do we store your data?
We will always only keep your data for as long as we reasonably need it for the purposes for which it was collected. After that time your personal data will be erased, unless we have a statutory right or obligation to further keep this data.
If you are a customer of KCI, we will keep your information for the duration of the contractual relationship you have with us, and, to the extent permitted, after the termination of that relationship for as long as necessary to perform the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement or in the Data Rentention Policy.
We store the information that we process as a result of you subscribing to our magazines and/or newsletters or because you have consented to receive information about our products and/or services or about offers until you decide you would no longer like to receive these mailings.
If we need to keep any information or data longer for our legitimate interest of protecting our legal rights, we will keep the necessary information for this purpose until the relevant claim(s) has/have been settled.
Applicable laws may require us to hold certain data for specific (longer) periods than set out in this Privacy Statement or in the Data Retention Policy.
The retention terms set out herein or in the Data Retention Policy can be longer if we are required to keep data longer on the basis of applicable law(s) or to administer our business. With regard to payment data, for instance, the Algemene wet inzake rijksbelasting (State Taxes Act) obligates us to retain those data for a period of seven years for the Tax Administration.
Further information about our retention of your data is set out in our Data retention policy for further information please contact our Privacy Officer.
8. How do we protect your data?
We are committed to maintain a high standard of security and have put in place robust technical and organizational measures for the protection of your data in accordance with the current, general state of the art technologies, especially to protect the data against loss, falsification or access by unauthorized third persons.
However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website. Once we have received your personal data we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access.
9. What rights do you have in relation to your data?
You have the right to ask us:
- for an overview and/or a copy of your personal data that we hold on you;
- to update or correct your personal data in order to make it accurate;
- to delete your personal data from our records in certain circumstances;
- to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- to transfer (some of) this information to other organizations.
and you are entitled to / may also:
- object to us processing your personal data in some cases (in particular where we do not have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing or profiling);
- withdraw your consent at any time, where we are using your personal data with your consent. Please note that this will not affect the processing of your personal data prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
There are however some exceptions to these rights, for example: it will not be possible for us to delete your data if we are required by law to keep them or if we hold your data in connection with a contract with you. Similarly, access to your data may be refused if making the information available would reveal personal information about another person or if we are legally prevented from disclosing such information.
10. Social Media Buttons
We have pledged to adhere to the fundamental principles of privacy and data protection. We therefore regularly review this privacy statement in order to ensure that it is free of errors and clearly visible on our websites, that it contains appropriate and accurate information about your rights and our processing activities, and that it is implemented and is compliant with applicable law.
13. Contacting us, questions and complaints
We hope that we satisfied questions you may have regarding the processing of your data.
Should you have any queries or concerns about how we process your data, or would you like to opt out of marketing, you can always contact our Privacy Officer using the following contact details: KCI [Media Group B.V.], Attn: Privacy Officer, at Reigerstraat 30h, 6883 ES, Velp, the Netherlands or by email at Privacy Officer.
We will address your possible concerns and attempt to resolve any problem within 1 month.
In the event you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to complain to a data protection authority of the country in which you live or work or the country in which we are located.